Singapore car hire information
|Car types||4x4, Compact, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Luxury, Mini, Premium, Standard, Van|
|Popular agencies||Thrifty, Avis, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar|
Cheap Car Rental Singapore
Singapore car rental reviews and directory
Singapore car rental locations
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Thrifty|
|Most popular car type||Economy|
|Average price||S$ 86/day|
|Good deal||S$ 78/day|
When to book a hire car in Singapore
Top tips for renting a car in Singapore
- Singapore is a small city, island, and republic all rolled into one, and it is the perfect destination to travel to with a hire car. There are several attractions to see within a relatively small area, so hop in the car and drive freely wherever you want to, from the beaches on the East Coast or Sentosa, to the popular Singapore Zoo. The southern coastline is about 30 miles long, making it a quick 40-minute scenic drive.
- All the big car hire companies can be found at Singapore Changi Airport (SIN), which has four terminals. There are car hire desks at all terminals, situated in their respective Arrivals Hall. You can travel between Terminals 1, 2, and 3 either by foot or by taking the free Skytrain service. There is also a complimentary shuttle bus connecting Terminal 4 to Terminal 2.
- The first thing you need to know about driving in Singapore is that traffic stays on the left-hand side of the road, and turning left at red lights is illegal. The country's infrastructure is one of the best in Asia, and drivers are typically well-behaved. If you're planning on driving during your visit, it's best to head there between February and April, as November-January is the wet season.
- Traffic in Singapore is relatively free-flowing because of the Electronic Road Pricing System, which works on a pay-as-you-use basis; basically, it lets motorists drive through priced roads during peak hours. Except when there is an accident, you will most likely not encounter traffic jams. Still, avoid driving between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., and then again between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., so as not to add extra time to your travels.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Singapore for S$ 78 or less
- Book your rental car in Singapore at least 1 week before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Singapore are around 8% cheaper than airport locations on average
- Economy rental cars in Singapore are around 46% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Singapore
How much does it cost to hire a car in Singapore?
On average a hire car in Singapore costs S$ 86 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Singapore?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Singapore.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Singapore?
What is the best rental car company in Singapore?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Changi Airport (SIN)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Changi Airport (SIN)?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Singapore?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Hawk Ispace @ 7 Soon Lee Street #01-11 (17 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Singapore?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Singapore?
A Economy car rental in Singapore costs S$ 59 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Singapore?
A Compact car rental in Singapore costs S$ 91 per day, on average.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Singapore?
A Intermediate car rental in Singapore costs S$ 107 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Singapore?
In Singapore, cars are most frequently hired at Europcar Arrival Hall, 60 Airport Boulevard (16.89 km from city centre ).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Singapore?
On average a rental car in Singapore costs S$ 605 per week (S$ 86 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Singapore?
On average a rental car in Singapore costs S$ 2,592 per month (S$ 86 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Singapore?
If you're just driving through the city for business purposes, then a small, compact car will make your life easier. If you're embarking on a road trip around the whole island, a convertible can be a fun option when the weather allows it. A hybrid is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint while exploring Singapore.
What's the speed limit in Singapore?
The speed limit is typically 60 km/h (37 mph) throughout Singapore's residential streets and 70 km/h (43 mph) on non-residential streets. Singapore's freeways have a speed limit of 90 km/h (56 mph). The city is packed with speed cameras, so make sure you always stick to the implemented limits.
How are gas prices in Singapore?
The average petrol prices in Singapore are about $6.33 per gallon. The lower price is an average of $5.51 per gallon, while in some places you may pay up to $7.31 per gallon. Remember that the local currency is the Singaporean dollar (SGD), and that the petrol is priced by liter and not by gallon when you head to the petrol station.
Where are the best places to park in Singapore?
Parking in downtown Singapore isn't too difficult, although it is slightly harder during peak business hours. Most parking lots have replaced coupons with the Parking.sg app, which allows drivers to pay for parking with their phones and only for the exact time they were parked. Coupon rates range between SGD$0.60 and $1.20 per 30 minutes, depending on the location.