Bangkok car hire information
|Car types||4x4, Commercial, Compact, Economy, Full-size, Intermediate, Mini, People carrier, Premium, Standard, Van|
|Popular agencies||Chic Car Rent, Avis, Sixt, keddy by Europcar, National|
Cheap Car Rental Bangkok
|People carrier||S$ 71/day|
Bangkok car rental reviews and directory
Bangkok car rental locations
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Chic Car Rent|
|Most popular car type||Economy|
|Average price||S$ 38/day|
|Good deal||S$ 28/day|
When to book a hire car in Bangkok
Top tips for renting a car in Bangkok
- Bangkok has a myriad of amazing attractions and fantastic sights to offer and is probably one of the most exciting cities worldwide. Explore everything in the capital of Thailand and rent a car to gain ultimate flexibility and freedom. A hire car will not only allow you to reach all attractions in Bangkok easily, including the beach, but will also give you the opportunity to explore Thailand beyond the city borders and find other interesting places like Pattaya City, about 2 hours from Bangkok by car.
- Pick up your hire car conveniently at the Suvarnabhumi Airport when you arrive and drive directly to your next destination. hire car companies like Avis, Budget, or Europcar are located at the airport, and signs bring you from the terminal to the hire service desks. The airport is located outside of the city center, so with a car you’ll reach it within an hour of driving. Bear in mind that some of the roads to the city may include tolls, so ask at the hire car center how to operate them.
- Bangkok is a very busy city with lots of traffic, but the infrastructure is pretty good. However, Bangkok is also a city of motorbikes and they have a reputation to whizz in and out of the streets and between the cars. Adjust your speed and stay alert and this issue should pose as no problem. Also bear in mind that traffic signs are in Thai and English, but the English spelling can vary from street sign to street sign.
- In Thailand cars drive on the left side of the road. For travelers who are not used to this, consider opting for a satnav, which will help you stay in the right lane, and also follow the drivers ahead of you, especially when entering a roundabout or intersection.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Bangkok for S$ 28 or less
- Book your rental car in Bangkok at least 3 days before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Off-airport rental car locations in Bangkok are around 3% more expensive than airport locations on average
- Economy rental cars in Bangkok are around 49% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Bangkok
How much does it cost to hire a car in Bangkok?
On average a hire car in Bangkok costs S$ 38 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Bangkok?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Bangkok.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Bangkok?
What is the best rental car company in Bangkok?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Suvarnabhumi & other airports (BKK)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Suvarnabhumi & other airports (BKK)?
Car hire companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Suvarnabhumi & other airports to off-airport locations include Europcar, keddy by Europcar, Avis, Budget, National, Sixt, Thrifty and THAIRENTACAR.
What is the cheapest car hire location in Bangkok?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Budget 19/23 Bldg A,royal City Ave 10320 (6 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Bangkok?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Bangkok?
A Economy car rental in Bangkok costs S$ 29 per day, on average.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Bangkok?
A Intermediate car rental in Bangkok costs S$ 47 per day, on average.
How much does a Full-size car rental cost in Bangkok?
A Full-size car rental in Bangkok costs S$ 65 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Bangkok?
In Bangkok, cars are most frequently hired at Budget Arrival Terminal (24.7 km from city centre ).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Bangkok?
On average a rental car in Bangkok costs S$ 263 per week (S$ 38 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Bangkok?
On average a rental car in Bangkok costs S$ 1,129 per month (S$ 38 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Bangkok?
An economy car is a safe bet when driving in Bangkok, as it will be easier to navigate through the narrow lanes, and also will fit into more of the rather limited parking opportunities. A smaller car will also eat less petrol and be cheaper overall. Always make sure the insurance covers everything and check the car beforehand for scratches.
What's the speed limit in Bangkok?
All speed limits in Thailand are given in km/h, so familiarize yourselfwith the conversion if you’re unfamiliar with the metric system. In the city, usually 50 km/h (31 mph) is allowed and 90 km/h (55 mph) on open country roads. On highways, drivers can speed up to 120 km/h (75 mph).
How are gas prices in Bangkok?
The average liter of petrol costs approximately 27 Thai Baht (which is about $3.32 per gallon). In Thailand, the attendants at the petrol stations usually refill the tank, so always check everything is set to zero before the refill starts. Often, attendants will also ask passengers to leave the car while the tank is refilled and wait outside for safety reasons.
Where are the best places to park in Bangkok?
On-street parking is very limited in Bangkok, but there are parking opportunities in malls or next to parks for a charge. When there is a red, yellow, or white line on the curb, don’t park there, as it is not permitted. If you don’t mind walking for a while to get into the city or taking public transport, parking lots like the Song Phochana Parking are also a good option.