Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Madurai
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|November||Cheapest month to stay with an average 52% drop in price.|
|December||Most expensive month to stay with an average 205% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|S$ 50||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|S$ 57||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Madurai hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Madurai hotel
- Staying in the city centre will put you within easy reach of most of the famous temples in Madurai. The most popular temple to visit is the massive historic Meenakshi Amman Temple, which is said to be as old as the city itself and is world-renowned for its extraordinary architectural features, making it one of the main attractions in South India. Some mid-range hotel choices just 350 metres from the temple are the Hotel Nambi and the Treebo Simap Residency.
- If you are interested in the political history of India and the life of Gandhi in particular, choose a hotel near the Gandhi Memorial Museum, one of five museums dedicated to him, this one known for its rather macabre display of the blood-stained garments he was wearing when he was assassinated. The mid-range Star Residency is an 11-minute walk from the museum.
- India is renowned for its textiles and clothing, so, if you are interested in doing some shopping for brightly-coloured fabrics and hand-sewn garments, pick a hotel near Puthu Mandapam, a 16-century pillared hall crammed with tailors deftly working their sewing machines in their textile craft stalls. The Hotel Moskva is a 3-star choice just five minutes from the market.
- Are you an art and architecture lover? If so, consider booking a hotel near the enormous Tirumalai Nayak Palace, a sight to behold with its 25-metre-high dome, thick stuccoed columns and its hybrid of Dravidian and Islamic styles. A standard hotel in the vicinity of the palace is the MMR Gardens, while a budget option is the OYO 10792 Near Mattuthavani Bus Stand hotel.
- If you are a nature lover with an interest in geology and archaeology, a hotel in the vicinity of the Samanar Hills may appeal to you. There is a large lotus pond at the base of the hills, and a cave with ancient carvings to explore. Climb up the hill to find interesting Jain sculptures forming the backdrop of a birds-eye view over the city. The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai is a 4-star choice about 5 kilometres away.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Madurai
Are hotels in Madurai safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Madurai have fully-equipped business centres?
What hotels in Madurai are near the bus station?
Which hotels in Madurai offer free parking?
What are good hotels in Madurai near the train station?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Madurai?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Madurai by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Madurai hotels
Go to map