San Diego hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in San Diego
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||S$ 198|
|Average price (weekend night):||S$ 244|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in San Diego cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect San Diego hotel
- Several hotels are located directly adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center, including Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina and Omni San Diego Hotel.
- San Diego’s lively Gaslamp Quarter is also convenient to the convention center and offers an abundance of restaurants as well as chic hotels like Andaz San Diego.
- Several hotels are located near San Diego’s Embarcadero and Waterfront Park, including the upscale Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside and more affordable Marina Inn and Suites.
- Further north, the Mission Bay area is home to SeaWorld San Diego. Hotels like Bahia Resort Hotel and Surfer Beach Hotel feature pools, beach access, and ocean views.
- Hotels near West Mission Bay Drive or I-5 offer convenient access to Downtown San Diego. Good options include Best Western Mission Bay and Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa.
- San Diego International Airport offers numerous hotels in the surrounding area. WIth its proximity to the airport and waterfront location, Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island is a great option.
FAQs when booking a hotel in San Diego
Where to stay in San Diego?
Hotels in Mission Valley East, Downtown have the most searches on KAYAK.
How much does a hotel cost in San Diego?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in San Diego for as cheap as S$ 38 in the last 3 days. The average price is S$ 267.
Where can I find cheap hotels in San Diego?
More affordable areas lie north of Downtown, like near Old Town where Good Nite Inn San Diego offers good deals. Here, an Old West ambience merges with Mexican culture for a vibrant atmosphere. Otherwise, the I-8 in Mission Valley West is lined with budget options like Hotel Iris and Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Hotel Circle.
Which neighbourhood has the best beaches?
Ocean Beach is renowned for its fabulous surf, while further north, the Pacific Beach neighbourhood offers wide sandy beaches as well as a selection of great shops. Here, you will find a variety of hotels with excellent ratings, including the Ocean Park Inn, which has a pool and great beach views.
What hotels in San Diego offer especially good views?
Head over the Coronado Bridge to the Coronado Peninsula, where you will find the Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton. This iconic hotel offers a Southern California resort experience with views of the Pacific Ocean as well as Glorietta Bay. Another option is Waterfront Park, which offers fantastic views of the city and the sea.
What are some good hotels near San Diego Zoo?
San Diego Zoo is located in Balboa Park. For stays convenient to the zoo as well as the park’s other attractions like the San Diego Air and Space Museum and the San Diego Natural History Museum, guests could consider San Diego Downtown Lodge or Motel Six San Diego Downtown.
What neighbourhood in San Diego is good for nightlife?
For the best nightlife, head to the Gaslamp Quarter. This lively district is named after the gas lamps installed here in the 19th century and retains a historical feel. Dozens of restaurants, bars, and chic hotels like Staypineapple at Hotel Z, Keating Hotel, and Klimpton Solamar Hotel can be found here.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.