Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Stockholm
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||S$ 120|
|Average price (weekend night):||S$ 76|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Stockholm cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Stockholm hotel
- Five stars abound in Sweden’s capital, where you can stay in luxury and comfort in some of Stockholm’s most fashionable districts. At the top end of the scale, you have Ett Hem (‘Home’ in Swedish), an intimate boutique hotel set inside a redbrick townhouse in the upmarket Östermalm neighbourhood. For quintessential Scandi style, try Hotel At Six, a design and art hotel in central Stockholm set inside a former bank.
- Couples will find charming boutique hotels and guesthouses tucked along the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s Old Town. Many are inside historic buildings, such as the Lord Nelson Hotel, which does credit to its naval theme by decking its rooms out with nautical antiques.
- When it comes to midrange hotels, Stockholm has a number of reputable international chains that regularly score among the city’s top 10 business hotels. These include the minimalist-looking Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel in Norrmalm and the Hilton Stockholm Slussen in trendy Södermalm.
- The trick for booking cheap hotels in Stockholm is to snap them up way ahead of everyone else, or to travel outside of the peak summer months of June, July and August. Failing that, budget hotels and hostels are found in up-and-coming neighbourhoods like the north-central Vasastan, an artsy area popular with students, or the hipster haven of Hornstull on the western tip of the Södermalm archipelago.
- For a unique hotel experience, why not stay on a boat? Soak up sunset views from the deck of a steamship at the Loginn Hotel, which floats in a central position on the Söder Mälarstrand. Or, if it’s a hostel with a twist that you’re after, step onboard the Stf Af Chapman & Skeppsholmen, housed inside an old trading ship overlooking the Old Town.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Stockholm
Where to stay in Stockholm?
Hotels in Hägersten-Liljeholmen have the most searches on KAYAK.
How much does a hotel cost in Stockholm?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Stockholm for as cheap as S$ 38 in the last 3 days. The average price is S$ 138.
Are there good hotels near Stockholm airport?
Situated between Terminals 4 and 5 of Arlanda airport, you can’t get a better location than the Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, with views of the runway from its heated rooftop pool. The Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel is almost as close, with stylish, soundproofed rooms just minutes from the airport and a free shuttle bus that goes to all terminals.
Which neighbourhoods are close to Stockholm’s central station?
Hotels near Stockholm Central Station tend to be clustered in the district of Norrmalm, although you can also choose to stay across the river in Gamla Stan or in the more affordable Kungsholmen neighbourhood. Popular picks include the Radisson Blue Royal Viking Hotel, just a two-minute walk from the station, and the quirkily designed Hotel C Stockholm.
What hotels in Stockholm have especially good spa services?
The revitalising spa at the prestigious Grand Hôtel Stockholm is a perfect homage to Nordic bathing culture, with Swedish massages, cold-water plunges and a traditional pine sauna. Meanwhile, the trendy rooftop spa at Downtown Camper by Scandic offers a more sociable experience, with a year-round heated pool, juice bar and yoga classes overlooking the city skyline.
What neighbourhoods in Stockholm are good for families?
The Vasastan neighbourhood has a friendly, local feel, with plenty of cafés, parks and budget hotels to recoup in after a day of sightseeing. Recommended for families with older children is the island of Djurgården, packed with family-friendly activities including Gröna Lund amusement park and ABBA: The Museum.
What are the best hotels near Friends Arena?
Hotels near Sweden’s national football stadium are found in the outer suburb of Solna, north of the city centre. These include the budget-friendly Quality Hotel Friends, with thoughtful design touches and a 25th-floor brasserie sporting views of the stadium, or the Winery Hotel, which offers a chic boutique look and a cool rooftop wine bar overlooking green parkland.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.