Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Chennai
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||S$ 110|
|Average price (weekend night):||S$ 115|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Chennai cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Chennai hotel
- If you’re travelling to Chennai on business, there are several hotels near the Central Business District. WelcomHotel Chennai is located 3.7 km from Olympia Tech Park and has a business and conference centre, as well as several meeting rooms to suit your taste. The Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels is a short walk to the business district and has an on-site business centre and special events facilities.
- If you’re simply passing through Chennai, there are various accommodations close to Chennai Anna International Airport. Quality Inn Airport is conveniently located 1 km from the airport. It has a rooftop restaurant, café, airport transportation and postal service among other amenities. Alternatively, Mahala Residency by Harriott is about 1.7 km from Chennai International and 0.5 km from Pallavaram Railway Station. It offers comfortable rooms, travel assistance, a bar and restaurant.
- A stay in Central Chennai is perfect to take advantage of the city’s cultural landmarks and other tourist attractions. The Ramada Chennai Egmore lies within 1 km of Chandra Park, Chennai Museum and Jawaharlal Nehru stadium. The 38-room King’s Hotel on Halls Road, Egmore is a 15-minute walk to Government Museum, Mayor Radhakrishnan Stadium and St. Andrew’s Kirk.
- For visitors who desire more lavish accommodations, there is the majestic ITC Grand Chola, A Luxury Collection Hotel situated in the posh Guindy neighbourhood. This 5-star hotel features 11 restaurants, 5 restaurants and 4 bar/lounge areas in addition to world class spa facilities. Closer to Olympia Tech Park there is the 204 guestroom Hilton Chennai with on-site nightclub, rooftop terrace and 24-hour health club. It also has 5 restaurants and 2 bars to choose from.
- For the budget-conscious traveller to Chennai there is a myriad of options for consideration. One such choice is Hotel Pandian on Kenneth Lane, Egmore. This hotel offers free Wi-Fi, included breakfast, free parking and self-service laundry facilities. Another is New Woodlands Hotel on Dr. Radhakrishnan Road, Mylapore where guests can enjoy free parking, included breakfast and airport transportation.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Chennai
Where to stay in Chennai?
Hotels near Chennai Citi Center Mall have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Chennai Citi Center Mall?
Travellers who like staying near Chennai Citi Center Mall recommend Taj Club House, Hotel Savera, and ibis Chennai City Centre.
How much does a hotel cost in Chennai?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Chennai for as cheap as S$ 9 in the last 3 days. The average price is S$ 127.
Which hotels in Chennai are good for family getaways?
The Taj Club House in Royapettah is a deluxe hotel ideal for family accommodations. Up to 2 children (12 years or younger) can stay for free when occupying a room with parents or guardians. Pets are also allowed if notified in advance and childcare services are on offer. The Raintree, St. Mary’s Road in Alwarpet allows 1 child (9 years or younger) to stay for free when occupying the same room as the parents and features a free airport shuttle and childcare services.
Are there any hotels in Chennai close to shopping areas?
No visit to Chennai would be complete without a day spent among the city’s various shopping centres and bazaars. Pondi Bazaar in T. Nagar is one of the most famous where you can find everything from clothing to electronics. At the end of the day, you can get a good night’s rest at The Accord Metropolitan in Thiyagara Nagar, or if you want to explore the wonders of the Express Avenue Mall, put your feet up at The Residency Towers on Sir Thiyagara Road.
Which hotels in Chennai have spa facilities?
The Westin Chennai Velachery on Velachery Main Road offers Heavenly Spa by Westin where singles or couples can enjoy Swedish or Thai massages as well as hot stone massages in one of their various treatment rooms. Alternatively, The Gateway Hotel IT Expressway Chennai on Old Mahabalipuram Road offers aromatherapy in addition to body wraps and body scrubs.
Which hotels in Chennai have good restaurants?
Harrisons Hotel in Nungambakkam has three restaurants where guests can choose between Chinese, Indian and vegetarian cuisine while the Park Hyatt Chennai in Raj Bhavan hosts two outdoor restaurants: the Flying Elephant which is well-regarded for its Indian dishes, and The Dining Room which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A special menu for children is also available.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.