Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Colombo
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||S$ 102|
|Average price (weekend night):||S$ 52|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Colombo cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Colombo hotel
- Hoping to do some shopping during your time in Colombo? Select a hotel in Pettah, a neighbourhood known for having a series of famous outdoor bazaars — commonly referred to as the Pettah Market. The 55 Fort Train Hostel is a budget-friendly choice located in the heart of this neighbourhood and is only a 6-minute walk from the city’s main port.
- To discover some of Colombo’s green spaces, choose a hotel near Galle Face Green, such as the chic Taj Samudra located a 2-minute walk away. This urban park stretches for more than 500 meters along the oceanfront and covers about 5 hectares.
- If you are interested in the history of Buddhism, consider staying in a hotel near the Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, a historic site that contains many artefacts, as well as a visitor education centre. Alternatively, the Residence by Uga Escapes is set in a mansion that was built in the 19th century and is only a 4-minute walk from the temple.
- Travellers who want to learn more about Sri Lanka’s heritage and culture should pick a hotel near the National Museum of Colombo, such as the modern Le Papillon hotel, which is less than a 5-minute walk away. This museum contains many artefacts and objects related to the history of Sri Lanka and offers both guided and self-guided tours.
- If you are a golf-enthusiast, make sure to book a hotel close to the Royal Colombo Golf Club, such as the Villa Key 2 Ceylon, which is only a 3-minute drive away. This 18-hole course is the oldest golf club in Sri Lanka and has an upscale restaurant available to both members and guests.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Colombo
Which hotels in Colombo have a good view?
The Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo is a 5-star choice that is located on the shores of Beira Lake and offers rooms with views of both the water and the city. The Taj Samudra hotel is directly across from the Laccadive Sea and has rooms with balconies that look out over the city and the sea.
What are some good hotels in Colombo for business travellers?
The Ocean Colombo, a contemporary choice, is a 2-minute walk from the Laccadive Sea and has a large business centre with several private meeting rooms. The Yoho Colombo City Hotel is a modest choice and, situated just an 8-minute walk from the beachfront, has a small business centre and a large event space.
What good hotels in Colombo are near the Independence Memorial Hall?
The Mahasen by Foozoo is a unique hotel only an 8-minute walk from Independence Memorial Hall and a 7-minute walk from Cinnamon Gardens. Bunkyard Hostels, a budget choice, is a 6-minute walk from the hall and a 9-minute walk from the National Museum of Colombo.
What good hotels in Colombo are near the Colombo Dutch Museum?
The City Motel is an affordable choice. It is an 8-minute walk from the Colombo Dutch Museum and offers a free airport shuttle service for guests. The Port View City Hotel is also an 8-minute walk from the museum and a 7-minute walk from the Port of Colombo.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.