Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Oakland
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||S$ 197|
|Average price (weekend night):||S$ 209|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Oakland cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Oakland hotel
- If you consider yourself a lover of the arts, you’ll want to book a hotel downtown, preferably near a BART stop, the city’s public transportation. The Washington Inn Hotel and Marriott City Center are both 3-star hotels situated close to galleries and studios like the Oakland Museum of California and the African American Museum, and you’ll be within reach of the BART transportation system.
- In the lively area around Lake Merritt, hotels boast glorious views of the large lake, as well as proximity to nearby upscale restaurants like Duende and Flora Restaurant and Bar. Lake Merritt Hotel offers both in-hotel and suite-side views of the lake, plus it’s just an eight-minute-walk to the aforementioned eateries.
- Oakland’s Uptown district offers a bevy of breweries and wine tastings to explore, including Diving Dog Brewhouse and Wood’s Bar and Brewer and Bay Grape and Punchtown. The Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown and The Washington Inn Hotel offer affordable rates and proximity to many of Uptown’s bars, breweries, and tasting rooms.
- For hiking, head east of Uptown and book near the Redwood Regional Park or Joaquin Miller Park, each of them offering miles of clear hiking trails. Highland Motel and Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena offer close proximity to some of Oakland’s best parks and preserves.
- Hotels with views of San Francisco Bay can be found right off the Bay Bridge. Book a stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville or the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge to enjoy a vacation by the water.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Oakland
Which is the best area to book budget hotels in Oakland?
Cheap hotels can be found south of Lake Merritt. You can expect to find reasonably priced 2-star and 3-star hotels, like the Rodeway Inn and Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, which are conveniently near BART stops and close to Jack London Square.
Are there hotels in Oakland that have free parking?
Free parking exists in Oakland and San Francisco, and many hotels offer free shuttles to and from Oakland International Airport (OAK). The Inn at Temescal and the Hyatt House Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area offer free parking and fast accessibility to the Bay Bridge.
Are there good spa hotels in Oakland?
Oakland is known for its laid-back, relaxed environment, so it’s only natural that the area would have great spa hotels. The Comfort Inn & Suites on Edes Avenue and Claremont Club & Spa and A Fairmont Hotel both offer steam rooms, whirlpools, and hot tubs onsite for guests to enjoy a pampering vacation.
Which hotels in Oakland are near the airport?
Odds are if you’re flying into Oakland, you’ll be arriving at the Oakland International Airport (OAK), where you can find a wide array of hotels located just a short airport shuttle away. The Hilton Oakland Airport, The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay,and the Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport all are within three miles of the airport. Each hotel offers free shuttles to and from OAK.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.