Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Launceston
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|August||Cheapest month to stay with an average 10% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 63% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|S$ 111||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|S$ 126||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Launceston hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
Top tips for finding the perfect Launceston hotel
- If you want to learn about the history of Launceston and would like to be within easy walking distance of the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, then the Clarion Hotel City Park Grand is a good option. This 4-star hotel offers boutique accommodation in downtown Launceston and is a 10-minute walk across the river to the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery.
- For travellers who would like to be near the greenery of Launceston’s parks, the 4-star Mercure overlooks the 200-year-old City Park, a heritage site and something that is of great cultural importance in Launceston.
- For visitors who want to mix luxury with history, the 4-star Florance is a good option. This hotel was built in the 19th century and, although it has kept up with important elements of modern hotels, it has managed to maintain its Victorian character. This hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Boags Brewery, which has been in operation since 1881 and is a 7-minute walk from the Launceston Tramway Museum, which is a community-based project that works to restore the old trams that used to exist in Launceston.
- For those who like to enjoy a bit of shopping when on holiday, you could consider staying in the majestic Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston, which is located close to 1842 Gallery for handcrafted furniture and is within an easy walking distance of the network of shopping streets around Brisbane Street Mall – the oldest shopping mall in Launceston.
- Looking for adventure? Consider staying at the Leisure Inn Penny Royal Hotel and Apartments, a 3-star heritage property. Next door to this hotel is the Penny Royal Adventure Centre complete with indoor and outdoor climbing walls, a 100-metre zip line and reconstructed 19th-century mills. The Penny Royal Adventure Centre, which is based on the original Penny Royal Windmill (from the 1840s) also has a ghost tour and onsite restaurant, café and wine bar where you can relax after a day of adventure.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Launceston
Are hotels in Launceston safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Launceston have a terrace?
What hotels in Launceston provide a good breakfast?
Which hotels in Launceston have family rooms?
What are some good hotels in Launceston with free on-site parking?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Launceston?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Launceston by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Launceston hotels
Go to map